How to apply at UJ Online for 2020 Postgraduate Studies
Applications open on 1 April of the year preceding the year of intended study and closes on 28 September 2018 at 12:00 noon for Honours and Coursework Masters. Research Master and PhD closing 31 October 2018 at 12:00. You may apply online at www.uj.ac.za and follow a link to study @UJ to either to apply online or you may download the application form, which should either be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or mailed to the University. Online applicants are exempted from paying an application fee, whereas hardcopy applicants are expected to pay a non-refundable application fee of R200.
ALL INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ARE TO TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
Submit a completed application form with supporting documents :
- Current when still to complete a pre-requisite qualification or Final academic transcript when studies have been completed.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non – refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes) Alternatively, you may elect to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP). Should you choose to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP), Mr Malibongwe Masango will be the contact person for UJELP. Mr Masango is contactable on +27 (0) 11 559 4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit completed application form on campus residence when required
Applicants who are attending or have attended a University within or outside the Republic of South Africa, must submit an academic transcript that covers the period of study to allow the assessment of the application for postgraduate studies.